What gets you motivated? What keeps you going? What gets you up and going in the morning? How does one stay active and push on through the day? It is so hard to do ALL of these things. Some people would measure how motivated you are to being successful. What is being successful? If you are successful, are you happy?These are questions that I have been working on. I find it extremely hard to stay motivated these days. There are too many things to distract me. When I do have plenty of "me" time and or quiet time- I'm not using it properly. I'm distracted!
I strive to be successful in my job. I try to be successful as a wife and mother- but is it good enough? I'm constantly striving to be a better person. It just doesn't seem good enough.
I think our lives are way too filled with nonsense. I think it really needs to be filtered with things that are important. Then you can ask- What is important in your life. I would have to say as of right now my family is the most important. I'm constantly reminded that God wants me to be spending my time and motivation on raising Beau, right now. His family is number one priority. I need to let all other distracting things go and concentrate on his love- the family!!
*Notice Beau goo on Jeff's shirt- he marked his territory!! It happened right before his dedication.
2 comments:
I think the answers to your questions can be found in something simple yet profound that my mom always use to tell us growing up. "Always know WHO you are and WHOSE you are!".
Since I am a christian the Holy Spirit dwells within me. The HS convicts me of sin, helps me show compassion and love, helps me say I'm sorry when I've wronged others, keeps me focused, guides my path.
God has created me to be ME. He's gifted me with unique talents that no one else on this earth has. With that comes a responsiblity to be a good steward of those gifts and talents.
I refuse to let the world dictate what's "acceptable". God is my standard. I must filter EVERYTHING through that filter. I will not allow advertising, materialism, other's opinions, societal pressures, pride, etc. dictate who I AM.
The God I serve is my KING. Since He's the King, that makes me a Princess. I am a child of God. That makes me pretty darn special. I have a responsibility to live worthy of that calling.
If you look to anything/anyone other than GOD for the answers you'll be disappointed. ONLY God can fill the God-shaped vacuum in all of us. Everything else that we try to fill ourselves with will leave us empty inside and still searching for more.
If you are unsure of what direction your life is going, what talents/gifts God has blessed you with that you can be using, what your next steps are....I urge you to get in a quiet place where it's just YOU and GOD. No distractions. Search your heart, be real and talk to God like you would a friend. Tell him your fears, tell him your concerns. Pray for wisdom and clarity. Seek out a small group to be part of at church. Find some true friends who will hold you accountable and lift you up along the way. Ask God to lead you to Godly counsel. Someone who filters everything through a biblical perspective and will give you sound advice. Pray that God will lead you to an older women who can mentor you. Who might have experienced being where you are now; some years back. Complacence is a killer. If you don't stretch yourself and step out of your comfort zones then you'll never grow as a person. Nothing worth anything was ever gained taking the easy route. Perserverance, dedication and persistence pays off in the end.
I will pray that God will speak to you in your time with him. He is ALL you need. You are special. Read the bible and what God has to say about how special you are to him.
Happiness will never be found in people, jobs, money, houses, cars, etc. I believe if you get to the root of why you're continually distracted and why you are searching for something different then you will have a starting place to begin your journey. Know that I'm here for you too. Love ya.
Great one, Brett!
Post a Comment