The Rice Family

Sunday, January 29, 2006

First Tooth!

This is a picture within mintues of Beau being born!

Beau got his FIRST TOOTH this past Friday! It is like it just popped up. Literally. When he woke up Friday morning it was not there (there was a little bump) but no sharp edges. Then in the afternoon he started putting any and everything in his mouth, like his fist, and getting kind of whiney. I then gave him some motrin and orajel. I was feeling and sure enough there were little edges popped up through the gums. Those things are really sharp, too. In the dental world those little edges/grooves are called mamelons. I think that is how you spell that word. It has been too long since I studied the details of children's teeth. Furthermore- this morning he is working on cutting the other lower central tooth. It has a huge bump so any minute/hour/day that tooth will be coming up! I'm just fascinated by this- I wonder why???

I remember in dental hygiene school that babies normally start getting there teeth around 6 months so I just thought Beau was a little dentally delayed, but that is not the truth. I was doing some research and they normally start around 6-8 months so my child is right on schedule! He's a big boy. "That's my boy"- as Jeff would say.

Watching him grow and become older has been so fascinating to me. I'm really not sad that he is getting bigger. I don't want to grow him up too fast, but I'm just not real fond of the baby stage. I think the more and more we can interact with each other it is going to be that much more fun. I want him to talk to me and tell me things. I just can't wait for that. Most mothers really do not think like this, but I just no not like the newborn stage. It is getting so much more fun now.

Hope you have a wonderful Monday and talk at ya soon!!

No comments: