I know that I might be "opening up a can of worms" per say, but I have so many biblical questions. My women's bible study has prompted many recent questions. I don't think I have been so into reading and learning about the Bible like I have recently. I fully believe that everyone will interpret scripture in many different ways, but it drives me nuts on how you can take one scripture verse and it can tell us many different things. Our family has recently been struct with some illnesses. I lost my aunt a little over a year ago to cancer. Our family prayed, prayed, and prayed for her to be healed. We read scripture and believed with all of our heart and we truely believed she was going to be okay. AND guess what- it didn't happen that way. So many of us, NOT doubting God's word, but questioned what healing really meant. When he flat out tells us in the Bible that "if we ask, it will be given" (Matt. 7:7) and "by his stripes we are healed" (1 Peter 2:24). How much more clear can you get??
Moving on- we have had some good news in the recent report of another family member that was having a health issue. Personally- I believe that if it is in God's plan that you will be healed, then you will. I don't think God wants us to be sick and die, but he does have a plan. I believe that he wants to know our hearts and desires. I think that we can do all of the "right" biblical things and still his will, will be done. These are just some nagging questions in my head!!
I know everyone will have a hundred different opinions on healing. Sometimes scripture can just really confuse me. I ALWAYS truly took scripture to heart and believed it exactly what it said so ever since my aunt's passing- I'm thinking I need to start reading scripture and thinking of it in many different ways.
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree that this is a bit of a predicament for the Christian. What I do is pray like crazy and assume that the person will be healed by God. If it doesn't happen, I trust that God has a different (and better) plan.
There is so much emphasis on prayer in scripture. Obviously God wants us to engage in prayer. Were there not power in prayer, power to change the natural course of events, God wouldn't have us plead with Him.
This is all easier to type on a keyboard than it is to face head-on. I've been a chronic pain patient for years. There have been times I felt I was near the point of totally giving up. But somehow, God got me through. I fully believe God was hearing every word of every prayer.
We just have trust His wisdom. I have a feeling that within our first minute in heaven (where there is no time), we will fully understand everything that occurred here on earth.
You need to update this!!!!!!
Post a Comment