The Rice Family

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Under the Weather


Beau and I have been fighting the crud for the past three days. I woke up Monday morning with sore throat, drainage and achey all over. I went ahead and went to work but was miserable. I thought that I would just kick it! WELL- then I woke up yesterday morning feeling even worse. I did not go to work and went to the doctor. I have a bacterial infection. She tested me for strep and the flu, but both tests came back negative. Since my glands were so swollen and my throat was so red, she definitely thinks that I have some sort of an infection. I am on an antibiotic and musinex!

Beau, on the other hand, has had runny nose, runny ears, and cough. He is also on an antibiotic and he seems to be feeling fine despite the green coming out of the nose. We stayed in the house ALL day yesterday. I went to the doctor early yesterday morning and stayed in the rest of the day. I got lots of rest, even though Beau was with me. I didn't feel right taking him to Sonya's house. She has a 2 week old baby that she is keeping and I didn't think that would be right of me to take him over there with him in that condition. Beau did great yesterday. He just played and took his naps and like I said, I got lots of rest. I'm feeling so much better today. My throat is still raw feeling, the achiness seems a lot better. I know that I was running a fever last night because I woke up in the middle of the night in a pool of sweat. I guess I better change the sheets, uh!!!

So Jeff has been working his little tail off to pay for all the medical expenses Beau and I have been racking up the past couple of days!!! Our insurance stinks so we mostly pay cash for everything. I'm so ready to start feeling better. I think within the next two days both of us should be on the up and up!!! Will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you doing up so early???

Oh, and don't plan anything outside today. Here comes the rain...

Anonymous said...

Well, I was wrong about the rain. Probably why I'm not a weather man, but just a poor IT guy.

Anyway, give Beau some sugar from me. Chk y'all later!

Amber said...

Carole-

That is so funny about the dripping behind the mask- it is so true. All day yesterday I was either choking on drainage or dripping uncontrollably!! It is the worst.