The Rice Family

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Balancing Life


Everything is such a balancing act now days. Being a wife, mommy, housekeeper, cook, friend, employee, daughter, and etc. ( I think you get the point) I'm really trying to keep on my workout schedule. I have to admit, I have done way better than I thought. A trainer that I talked with said that for me to see results, I will have to workout at least four days a week. If I only workout three I will only maintain. That disappoints me so much. Three days a week is so managable for me. Four days a week is stretching it. It is very difficult to find that 4th day. So I'm thinking 3 days is better than none, right?? So I guess I will just continue to do my best. If some weeks I get in 4 days, then great. I'm not really trying to "loose" weight, but just want to tone the flab sitting around. I have been doing this for the past three weeks and I can already tell a difference. PLUS- I feel better. It is all in the way that you feel. It is all about lifting weights. I see way more results with lifting than when I just do cardio!!!

Beau is getting used to going to the gym play center. He used to just sit in a corner with his thumb in his mouth the entire time, but now- he is actually interacting with the other kids. Don't get me wrong- it is a nightmare handing him over to the workers, but he calms down real soon! In my opinion, this is real good for him. He is going through a HUGE seperation anxiety thing right now. I don't think I have ever seen a child this bad, but then again, (remember) I have a very dramatic child. But I'm learning more and more each day how to deal with his personality. He definitely knows what he wants! Maybe this will all be worth it in the end. Hopefully his personality is what will drive him when he gets older. He seems that he will be a very ambitous person. AWESOME!!!!

Off to working out! Blog at ya soon!!!

No comments: