The Rice Family

Monday, July 10, 2006

The Past Two Weeks- SUMMED UP!


I've been so busy! Please, Please forgive me for not blogging like I normally do. I just now (not lying) sat down for the first time in two weeks.

So you remember the last blog I ended with- I had the next two weeks off?? This is what I did:

Week #1: I helped out with our church's VBS. It was a Fiesta theme and so much fun. I was a crew leader which means I was in charge of a group of kids. I had a really good group and I had two children that gave their hearts to the Lord. I was so excited. The age group of my bunch were the younger kiddos ranging from 4-6 years of age. I just didn't realize how SHORT their attention span can be. I really have not been around children a whole lot- but their attention is extremely short. BUT they were really good kids. I was proud of them. They actually listened to me very well.

Week#2: SAN DIEGO- BABY!!! Yes I went off to San Diego and left my husband and son. Can you believe that? Okay- so I have a ton of pics that I would love to share but I won't bore you with them all. As soon as I get them downloaded (because remember I haven't had the opportunity to sit down) I will show you a couple of them. IT was GORGEOUS! The weather was perfect. I was there for 5 whole days and we got to watch the fireworks over the ocean. Just fabulous. Sherri and I really had a great time. Her mother and aunt were there also. So much fun, I had. So stay tuned for San Diego pictures.

Last but not least-- My son is just amazing me every day. He is now Mr. Independant. He does not want you to try and help him with anything. He says momma, dadda, papa, papaw, bye bye, and several words he will mock after you say them. He also will say ruff, ruff when you asked him what the dogs say. It is so cute. Tonight I was reading a little board book to him that was talking about all of the different body parts. We were mainly going over the face and when I got to teeth- he opened his mouth and looked and me and pointed to his teeth. I was so excited. He's so smart. Maybe because we brush our teeth every night before bed and he definitely hears the word quite often!!! They catch on to everything. Enough for tonight. I could keep going but like I said- this is two weeks summed up.

9 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Well it's about time! Luke likes to say, "Tees" for teeth. It's so cute when they start mimicking you. Just be really careful what you say, because on Sat. at the pony bday party I said, "Here somes the little pony with the big penis" and Luke said, "PENIS". Yeah nice huh!!!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

I meant here COMES, not here somes...

Brooke said...

Glad to hear you had a great time! Beau Beau is so cute and I can't wait to see you all next week! Ask Heather about Boo Boo Knee!

Phat Girl said...

Heather....what's the story behind boo boo knee?

Brooke said...

update your blog before I get there!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Update Troll!

Phat Girl said...

HEY SLACKER, UPDATE THIS BLOG!

Brooke said...

Girl, you seriously need to update!!!

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

How about the last 4 weeks?????