The Rice Family

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Red Eye.....15 Month Check-up.......Boo Boo's!

Okay....................................Again I'm so so sorry that I have been so horrible about keeping you updated on the going on's around here. We are normally pretty boring and I don't have much to report BUT this past weekend was slightly entertaining. I woke up on Saturday morning with my left eye BRIGHT RED!! I just knew that I had pink eye. LONG story short- I didn't go to work on Monday and (yes) suffered two days with a gritting/irritable eye until I got to the doctor. Come to find out- I had a sinus infection and it was draining into that eye. He knew that it wasn't pink eye because of my symptoms and then he looked at my throat and mashed around my lymph nodes and starting asking me questions. I haven't really been feeling up to par for about two weeks with drainage and headaches, but I just thought that it needed to run it course. I guess I let it get into my eye. Whatever- so now I am officially a pharmacy with all that I'm taking. He has me on an antibiotic, nose spray, Claritin-D, and eye drops. The antibiotic is only for 10 days along with the eye drops, but the nose spray and Claritin is forever. He thinks that I need to be on it since I have had so many sinus infections this year. Okay enought about me....


Beau went in for his 15 month checkup and shots. He is NOT tall by any means. He is only in the 50th percentile of heighth! I was so bummed about that. I just knew we were going to have a tall quarterback on our hands, but he's just going to be just average. Now let me tell you- he is 70% in weight. Can you believe that??? Home Boy is chubby. We are definitely going to have a bubba on our hands. He may not be tall but he will be wide! I guess I can be happy with a tackler- just as long as he plays football. Everything else checked out fine. I had the doctor look at his legs because he walks so bow legged- but he was not worried. Then we had to go to the ENT for his ear tube checkup- everything was perfect. Tubes are still where they belong!!!

Lastly- Poor little Beau! He has had a rough couple of days between getting shots and being poked around on with the doctors- he fell out of his red wagon onto the concrete and has a big booboo on his forehead. Also- he has a huge ulcer on the tip of his tongue so everything that he eats bothers it! AND he is teething like crazy. His shirts are entirely soaking wet. I didn't know any baby could slobber an entire shirt. I had to take it off of him and dry it half way through the day. Crazy boy!!! So he is going through a little rough time.

That's all for now. Sorry it is so long, but like I said- this past week has been crazy with medical stuff.

2 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Poor Beau Bo's forehead. Has it scabbed over yet?

Brooke said...

Get this blog updated.