The Rice Family

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fun-Filled Weekend







We had a very busy, fun-filled weekend. My goal on Friday was to just stay at home for a change and that is what we did. Once Jeff got home from work, the boys swam for a little bit and headed over to Nana and Papas to celebrate Auntie Heather's birthday. Her birthday was on Wednesday! We just hung out over there for a while and came home for bed.

Saturday- I ran errands all morning. Our pool water is all out of whack due to all of the rain, so I was running everywhere collecting pool supplies in order to get our water pH corrected. Leslie pools has a very neat service that they will analyze your water and tell you what you need to add/do to your water to make it pH correct. Anyways- since we have a salt water pool, I had to go to Sam's Club and buy 5- 25lbs. bags of salt. Then I had to run to Home Depot and get Muractic Acid. Needless to say- my Saturday morning was spent running errands for our pool.

Saturday night- I was in charge of our neighborhood BBQ. We started setting up around 3pm and the event started at 4pm. Everything went very smoothly. Dickey's BBQ catered and it was delicious. I got home around 8:00ish. I put Beau to bed and I did something that I have never done before- I sat in bed and watch HGTV (my favorite) and ate 6 chocolate chip cookies with a big ole' glass of milk. I don't think I have ever done that. Since I was in charge of the BBQ, I didn't really eat that much just because I was making sure everyone was happy. Then when I got home I was hungry BUT wanted something very bad.....So this week I will be back on the diet. I have got to start slowing the eating down....I was a bad girl this weekend.

Today (Sunday)- We didn't wake up until 9pm. I guess we needed the sleep. We ate lunch at Chili's with the family and then Heather, Tami, and I headed to Dallas Market Hall for the Women's Vision. My friend Sheri designs and sells jewelry and I wanted to go out and support her. It was fun getting out and seeing the latest things!

Not much more going on!! Here are some pictures that I took this evening while Jeff was trying to work on the pool water. He's trying to teach Beau how start doing some of his chores. Also- I had to show off my two favorite furry people! Roscoe (black lab) always wants to lay down and for some reason he doesn't like getting his picture taken??

7 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Ok,the picture of Beau cleaning the pool is just precious. Too funny!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

P.S. Luke was looking at your blog and I was asking him the dogs name. He kept saying, "Musty" instead of Dusty. Oh well...at least he can say APPLE juice now instead of bopple juice.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Get this blog updated. You're off on Friday's...Plus Def Leppard doesn't start until tonight, right?

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

ANY DAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim and Jami said...

Helloooooo.....What is going on in your piece of the world?......

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Ok, you've left me NO choice.

GET THIS DAMN BLOG UPDATED!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Jim and Jami said...

Update,Update,Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!