I just started this awesome Bible Study called "Discerning the Voice of God" by Priscilla Shirer with a group of girls in my neighborhood. This is the first week of the study and I have already got so much out of my daily bible studying. It is really short and sweet BUT loaded with information. Priscilla really gets to the MEAT of what she is trying to teach. The main point of the study is how to recognize when God speaks. I don't know about you but sometimes I tend to want to do things my way instead of seeking God the Father first. I have never really felt that I can "hear" the voice of God.
This first week, Priscilla talks about how we must expect to hear it, wait patiently for it, plan to obey it, listen for it, and have faith that it will come! I believe All five of those points are struggles of mine when I'm praying for something particularly. The area that I will struggle the most will be obedience no matter what his answer will be to me. I always want to have the control and I need to let go andlet him take over. The other area where I know that I will need to work is waiting patiently. When I go to God in prayer for something my patients is horrible. I pray that I will remain in him and stand in both body and attitude until my prayer has been answered. Again- I just can not explain what God has done for me this week through this study. Just thought I would share what I have been so excited about these days. Hope you have a great Tuesday!!
1 comment:
Need more blogs like this...very encouraging. I'm proud of you Amber. Remember the other day when I offered to help with the garage sale pricing, that was God speaking to me. Not that I particularly wanted to price a zillion items, but HE told me to and I had to obey. It was refreshing to hear they raised over $4000 for the children's ministry. I'd love to see you post examples of how you are listening to God and how he answers you. Waiting for more to come....
Post a Comment