Last time I blogged Beau was sick with the croup! BUT then it was Mama with the croup (or upper respiratory infection). It has been horrible and it took a good 8 days to get over. This mean ugly bug that decided to infect both Beau and I has been a BEAR to get rid of. It was way easier on Beau than it was on me. Beau started taking his steroids and breathing treatments and within two days he was mostly 100%! With me- two rounds of antibiotics (just in case it was bacteria), a steroid SHOT, and heavy cough medicine with codeine. Finally by this past Wednesday I felt 100%. I had a great Wednesday and Thursday and everything seemed to be looking up. I still had some very slight drainage and cough but it was soooo much better. Then I woke up this Friday just not feeling quite right. So I still went about my day and as the day progressed I was so nauseated I was miserable. My stomach hurt sooo bad that all I wanted to do was lay real still and not move. I couldn't eat anything. Everything sounded sooo gross to me and I couldn't get my head off of the pillow by Friday evening. I tried Pep to, sprite, soup, and water. Nothing seemed to help. I then started running a fever and then it would break. That happened all Friday night along with my dream of making necklaces with Heather (my sister-in-law- tell you about that later). Woke up Saturday morning feeling better but not fully recovered. I went and had breakfast with Heather and some friends and started getting real nauseated again at Panera Bread. I was standing in line and I started feeling like I was going to pass out and got real sweaty so I went and sat down while they ordered. I ate 1/2 of a bagel. I was sooooo nauseated again. I then went home and laid on the couch for the rest of Saturday afternoon and started feeling quite a bit better by dinner and was able to eat without my stomach hurting. So long story short------ I woke up this morning feeling WONDERFUL!! It probably has been close to two weeks until I have felt as good as I felt today!!
Praise the Lord!!!!! I now have a
very small idea of what my sister-in-law went through for 3 months of not feeling good. I couldn't handle the two weeks much less in the hospital for 2 straight months!! Man- I hope that I am never sick again like this. It has been horrible..........

Okay so now that I have given you all of the details- the picture above shows how my life has been upside down for the past three weeks. One week with Beau and two weeks with myself! I have completely let my house go to pot! Literally- I am not the most cleanest person in the world, but I do like a tidy house- you should see it now. It is a mess. I have a ton of stuff I have left to the way side. I normally have my pumpkins,scarecrows, and bails of hay sitting out on my front porch with my mums! Not yet!! That will get done this week though. I thought it is festive enough through Thanksgiving season so I'm not late yet. Then Christmas starts!! I don't even want to think about it. Okay! I have so much to say about what has been going on but I don't want to make the blog too long and bore you any longer.
One more thing- about Heather- I did get to go over to Heather's house on Friday (while being nauseated) and helped her with making her adorable necklaces. They are sooooo cute and she has a craft show she is trying to get ready for in a couple of weeks. Heather say Hi!!!
I will let you go for now and I will talk more about things going on later!!!!
4 comments:
Oh honey, I am so sorry you were sick. I am glad you are feeling better. It isn't easy being a sick mommy.I have missed your blogs, glad you are back.
Sharon
Thanks for the oh so lovely picture of myself...NOT!
I am glad you're feeling better. I got my Panera coupons in the mail today so we'll have to "bagel" again soon, on me!
Thank so much for your help w/the necklace assembly line.
So glad that you are feeling better. Heather looks sooooo great! The three of us need to get together, after Jan 1, you know holidays and all....Tootles
I'm so happy you are so much better!!!!
It was good spending time with you on Saturday morning! We will have to do it again soon!
Post a Comment