We come home from church and I lay Beau down for his nap. Then I quickly change into some comfy clothes and crawl into my cozy bed! Then I try to close my eyes and drift away into my sleep when I hear 

"BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK, BARRRRRRRK"- our wonderful dogs outside are going crazy. That completely woke me up. Then the Barking ceases and I start drifting back off into nap world and then I hear
"BANG BANG BANG, DING DONG, DING DONG, BANG BANG BANG" at the front door! Because the banging on the front door was so loud and obnoxious- I refused to go and see who it was. I didn't even care. They could have at least knocked gently. But NO WAY!!! Then I attempt to start to doze off again and then (you'll never guess)

A helicopter hovering over our house. It was sooooo frequent loud that I thought it was landing on my roof. It shook the entire house. It didn't last very long and then I start hearing

"BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK, ETC". By this time, I'm furious! Then (you guessed it)
Another helicopter flies over our house and is just hovering again! The house is shaking and rattling. Okay- All of that is over and I finally doze off for about an hour of sleep with hearing the dogs every once and awhile. Then all of the sudden- guess what next
The PHONE!!! The phone starts ringing! I then decided that it was NOT meant for me to nap! I didn't realize what an ordeal it is to try and take a little snooze! What an ordeal!!! I can't blame ANY of this on Jeff because he was gone the entire time and left Beau and I alone! The best thing ever or not???
I'm laughing about it now, because it is sooo humorous to me that taking a nap can be such an adventure! I just want peace and quiet!!! All I wanted was a nap. Beau slept right through it all. I only wish!!!
I just thought I would entertain you with my adventurous afternoon of napping! I'm not sure if napping is meant for me?????? I was explaining my attempt of napping to Jeff when he got home and he just doesn't understand the need for a nap! So- I got no sympathy from him...........
4 comments:
Girl, I feel your pain!! I have had days like that! It is ok for you to take a nap and catch a snooze when Beau does! My nap was a little similar today too, not as disruptive as yours, but similar. Hang in there! :))
How funny, I too feel your pain! I have had times like that.....;)
That was too funny!!! Thanks for making me laugh out loud!
It's terrible when you finally decide you HAVE to have a nap and then EVERYTHING keeps you awake. Lately, Lillian is my one constant disruption. She is not liking napping in the afternoon, so as soon as she gets quiet I try to lie down, then 10 minutes later......she's crying again!! But I have claimed Sunday as my Sabbath. It is nap day, and I don't do ANY house work and we eat left overs for dinner. It's fabulous.
Anyway, better luck next time!
Post a Comment