This week a few things are going on around the Rice Family (the younger Rice family-he he he)! Anyways- we are TRYING, yes TRYING, to start potty training! I'm having a hard time with supporters on this one. My husband says Beau tells him no and refuses, my babysitter says that Beau is telling her no and refuses, and with me he's GREAT!! He tells me NO also, BUT I continue to march him to the potty & he goes for me! The ladies at work are telling me that he is simply not ready and that is why he is throwing a fit everytime we mention "going to the potty" with him.......He really does not like going but I just grab his hand and we go! I'm not sure we are doing the right thing?? Anyways- when he is at home he wears underware, but when he goes to school and babysitters he wears pull-ups. Since Tuesday, he has only had ONE accident in his underware. Anyways- I'm up in arms on if I should conintue to pursue against his will OR wait until he starts telling me???
Furthermore, I have decided to try and be healthier, if you remember from my blog back in January. I have started doing little things when I cook to be healthier! First- I am doing a lot more fresh vegatables (NO CANNED FOODS). Actually- they taste horrible to me, now! Also, I'm making more salads, eating a lot more yogurt with fresh berries! The yogurt with cereal and berries is like a dessert to me! I love it!!! Not just for me, but for my family, I'm trying to offer them at least two vegetables at dinner. I have tried a lot of new vegetables for my family. I have started making sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes and acorn squash, sweet potato chips. I have always steamed zucchini and yellow squash but they are tired of the same ole' sides. My husband and Beau are NOT good vegetables eaters. They actually just let it sit on their plates BUT I feel like I should conintue to offer it. I will continue! I see hope for Beau eventually giving in but Jeff I'm not so sure about? We'll see! I have hope!!
Also- this week I have decided to start buying Organic milk (no I'm not turning to a tree-hugger)! I have been told by many of my patients about how horrible regular milk is and that we should definitely feed our youngsters Organic! So I gave in and purchased the over $5/gallon of milk yesterday. We have not tried it yet! I'm curious to see if Beau will notice. I didn't tell Jeff, either. He is a HUGE milk drinker. I want to see his reaction. Most people tell me that it is better?? I'll keep you posted.
Not much more going on. I am keeping Luke today so Beau will be busy playing all day! I may venture out to Firewheel Mall. I haven't decided quite yet! I have things to do around here and it might be more simple to just stay here! That is it for now! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Here is scriputre for the day:
“[Love for Enemies] "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.”- Matthew 5:43-45
Friday, February 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I say stick with the potty training. The trick is to get him used to being dry all the time. Then he will not want to wet a diaper. It will just feel gross!
Stick with the veggies too. Beau will start liking them soon. Try letting him eat them raw while you are chopping. And for Jeff, dice it, mince it, shred it, and put it in casseroles or other things he won't be able to pick them out of. Or listen to Mike and just add sugar!
Organic milk is much better than regular, although many dairy farms are getting rid of all growth hormones. Honestly, in order to get the full benefit of milk, raw is the only way to go. But it's near impossible to find and it normally costs $7/gallon. Yikes!
Hey girl! We drink organic/hormone free milk here and love it! Fortunately it is only $3.50 a gallon. It just tastes better. Stick with the veggies girl! And I don't have any potty training advice! You will have to help me in a few years. :)
Love the new layout looks great
So you changed your layout but didn't post anything! It's been over a week!!
No more getting on to me about not posting.
Post a Comment