The Rice Family

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Where Do I Begin?

I have so much to say and so little time or space to tell it all! I have had an amazing past 4 weeks. I just have had fun after fun after fun. I will give you a VERY brief summary of what I have been up to.



First: It started with a girl's trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas. It was so much fun. We rented a Penthouse on Lake Hamilton (3300 square feet) and it was absolutely gorgeous! We pampered ourselves to two wonderful meals out and a day at the spa. We also did a little bit of shopping downtown and looked at one of the bath houses! Did not get a bath, though. If you could see them you would understand!


Second: The very next weekend I was off again to a Women's Retreat with my church. A group of us women shopped Canton before we had to meet at the retreat. I was with several girl's that haven't been to Canton in awhile and we ALL just went nuts. The retreat was in Hawkins, and it was amazing. God moved in a very mighty way and I have decided that the devil will not take my JOY away from me anymore. I am going to be rejoiceful in all and have the Joy of the Lord back into my life. I made a promise to God that I will rely on him when trials come my way. I will not try and do things on my own. I have to give them ALL to him and he will take care of it.



Third: Then the Toe Thing Came Along! I have already blogged about that and so I won't bother with that now. It is doing MUCH better and getting better everyday. I did end up going on a 10 day round of antibiotics and today is my last day! YEAH!!!



Fourth: Beau is finished with school for the year! He will start back in the fall (of course). His teachers were awesome. They gave the kids the cutest "going away" gift. It was a shovel and bucket with his name on it filled with stuff. I mean a ton of stuff! They also made a little book that they binded together of pictures throughout the entire year. He looked so baby when he started last fall compared to now. I got a little emotional about it. MY BABY IS GROWING UP!



Fifth: I then planned and organized our Neighborhood Wide Garage sale. It was during Mother's Day weekend so the crowd was low. This was the only weekend we could do this, though. A couple of the streets had GREAT crowds and did pretty well. I did okay! I was happy. I was even more happy to get rid of stuff. I cleaned out a whole lot.........It definitely got me motivated to spend the week before the sale getting things cleaned out. YES- I was doing this cleanout the week of my toe issue. I managed!!



Sixth: Beau and I spent ALL day yesterday traveling to Tulsa, Ok to see family for two birthday's. My mom, her sisters, my cousin & kids, and my grandmother all drove up there yesterday morning EARLY and came back last night. YES- it was a very long day.



THINGS COMING:
BEAU's Birthday is coming. This Wednesay. He will be 3 years old. So- Jeff and I worked REALLY hard on the yard this afternoon to get ready for his party. We got a lot done BUT it still needs quite a bit of work. We have completing neglected the backyard. We have two big dogs PLUS we just have been very lazy about keeping it cleaned up and the landscaping up to par. It's our fault. You would think with Jeff being a landscaper it would be perfect, BUT our house is always put on the back burner..........



LASTLY- Yes I mean LAST!!!! I promise. We have another HUGE Birthday Party that my mom and I are planning. It is a 60th for my dad. It is going to be at my house so we are trying to get our house ready for about 50 guests. Mom has hired caterers and everything. It's going to be so much fun......It is a BIG SURPRISE!!! No- dad doesn't read my blog. He doesn't even use a computer......Don't worry!


That's all folks..........I hope I didn't bore you too much- but this is what I've been up to.

3 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Glad to see the update. I was beginning to think you'd deserted us in blog-land. Glad things are on the up and up for you.

Jim and Jami said...

Hay you know what.....Beau and I have the same birthday.....he will be 3, and I will be 10, hehe, or at least my kidney will be 10 years with me.....Have a great, great, happy birthday Beau, Love you Little Cuz......

Anonymous said...

WOW! Looks like lots been going on with you. That girls weekend that you had has been one of my dreams for a long time. I hope God allows it to come true sometime before I go be with Him. Also, a late Happy Birthday to Beau. I can't believe he's 3 already. Do you know Jade will be 7 in August! Where has the time gone?