
Furthermore- We have been "potty training" now for about 6 months! I'm not quite understanding what moms mean when they tell me that their child was trained in one week and then it was over??? I hear that all of the time and I'm pretty sure that it didn't just take ONE WEEK! I'm sure it was a process and then maybe it clicked in one week. Anyways- this is my dilemma- I can put real underware on him starting off in the morning and by lunch time- I have changed/cleaned-up messes at least 3 times within a four hour period. Very frustrating. I have really close friends that tell me to get away from "pull-ups" and switch to real underware and I do BUT my carpet is being destroyed by TEETEE!!! So frustrating- so I just feel he isn't ready. I have heard ALL the stats and I know boys train a lot later than girls BUT he is about to be 3 years and 3 months. He needs to be trained. So- he is wearing pull-ups right now and stays dry for me most of the time. I just keep taking him all day long. So ALL of this to say- I had to go to Sam's to buy more pull-ups and when I opened the box it had a DVD about potty training. I was SOOO excited thinking this was going to be good for Beau to watch. When I started watching it with Beau it was more for the parents! I was a little bummed BUT Beau loves it. This is ALL he wants to watch. YEAH!! Maybe this simple/free DVD will make a difference- We'll see!!
(Side note: YES we have tried treats, stickers, rewards- we have tried it all)- these things do not motivate him at all!!

Last- Beau has never been a BIG eater so I have never made it a big issue. From the start our pediatrician told me that some kids are just not interested in eating and they will ONLY eat if they are hungry. He gave me several tips to try so he would eat a meal. He is a pretty picky eater and it changes from one week to another. So one week- he hates spaghetti and the next he will love it. So- yesterday morning I fixed eggs, sausage and biscuits. The entire time I was cooking the eggs- I was thinking- "he's not going to eat these eggs" BUT I thought I will always offer him things. I put the plate in front of him and immediately he tells me "I don't like this". I just say okay- and I walk off. I went to check email and when I went back to check on him- this is what I saw! I was amazed and so proud.
Can you believe it?
He ate 1 egg, 1 sausage, and 1 biscuit!
So Proud!
4 comments:
You icecream...Me Gelato...Don't even start trying Gelato at this point or you TOO will have an additional addiction.
Can't help you w/the potty training ( as Luke was trained in a week)
Eating his eggs...so proud of him. Luke will only eat the "cheesy eggs" if I make them like Grandee makes them....in the microwave, who knew.
H
You icecream...Me Gelato...Don't even start trying Gelato at this point or you TOO will have an additional addiction.
Can't help you w/the potty training ( as Luke was trained in a week)
Eating his eggs...so proud of him. Luke will only eat the "cheesy eggs" if I make them like Grandee makes them....in the microwave, who knew.
H
Jake was a hard one to potty train.....but I put the pull ups on him, and when he was ready to potty train it happened.....I stopped making it such a big deal, then when I didn't make it a big deal he trained.....I still took him into the bathroom, and he would ask questions, but he had to make up his mind to do it.....Beau will potty train, I promise, he won't be 18 and still in pull ups.
Jasmine is I think ALMOST potty trained now at 3 yrs 8 months!! The doctor told me to lay off for a bit...maybe a month...and then try again. We had to stop and start with Jasmine 3 times, but she is now only having an accident once in a while...mainly because she is playing and doesn't think to go. I hope this helps. It is not easy and can be so frustrating. Jade was fully potty trained by the age of 3, so you can imagine my surprise when at 3 Jasmine wanted NOTHING to do with potty training.
I also understand how you feel about the eating thing. I am so proud of Beau for eating his food. It is cause for celebration! :)
Post a Comment