The Rice Family

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Happy 3 Months to Beau!

My Baby Boy is 3 months old today!!! Look he is already holding his own bottle. I already know that he's advanced- don't ya think.

Well before I head to church I have to let out my frustrations. Beau's doctors are really wearing on me. Do doctors really know what they are doing?? Are their any good ones left? Well Beau's situation is not serious, but a very long story and most of our friends and family know what is going on, but those who don't- (long story real short)- Beau has acid reflux and is a extremely fussy baby all day long. He has been on different meds and special prescribed formula called neocate now for about 6-8 weeks. Our most recent visit (Thursday) was a pretty good visit with his GI specialist. He is now switched back to regular formula (Good Start Supreme) and only taking previcid. Okay- Beau is now getting a tiny bit back to more fussiness. What do I do? The GI specialist can not really explaing to me about the details of acid reflux (I'm a very detailed person), but according to him the fussiness should be getting better as he gets older, but its not. I'm so frustrated. I'm thinking about getting a second opinion. He does good for two days then he is awful. Bless his little heart- I know that he is just hurting.

Please pray for us. Jeff is now self-employed. We have no insurance currently, but I'm researching that. Hopefully will be getting some in about 30 days. Independant insurance is awful, basically it is for major medical. A lot of Beau's treatment will be out of pocket. Why leave such an awesome insurance benefit? Ask Jeff!!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Amberooski-

Call us at some point regarding insurance - what we've learned, what we suggest, etc.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Baby Beau--Happy 3 month birthday to my little cuz. So many birthdays this time of year. Tomorrow is mommies 33rd birthday and she'll get cake. Tomorrow is my 13 month birthday and I get my measles, mumps and rubella shots. Somehow it doesn't seem fair. I had fun swimming with you today. Mommy wanted me to tell you she got your stuff listed on Ebay today. Talk to ya later cuz. I love you. Luke Elijah

Amber said...

Beau wishes both Aunt Heather a Happy Happy Birthday and cousin Luke a Happy 13month birthday. Thanks for putting my stuff on ebay. It will really help mommy out.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that he is 3 months old already! He is such a sweet little boy. Hopefully soon there will be a cooter or daisey in the family! I will keep you posted. The little picture of you and Beau is precious! What a great looking bunch!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber,

In case you don't remember, I'm Brookes Kentucky friend, who came to Texas with her for her wedding shower at your house.

Just a little of encouragement for you. I recently had a baby also, she is 3 months and 1 day today. Sydney has reflux as well, and is also on special formula (alimentum) and has to take previcid.

I promise you, it only gets easier. Remember God only gives us what he knows we can handle.

Stay strong,
Eileen Bietz

Amber said...

Thanks so much Eileen for your words of encouragement. It is so hard right now. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I do thank God every single day for the special child he has given me. Thanks again.