The Rice Family

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What Does the Future Hold?

I often wonder what the future holds for me and my family. I remember as a child wondering if I would ever get married or have children, and what I would look like when I was "grown up". It's funny how all of that happens so quickly. So now that I'm all "grown up", now what? Will I be working until the day I die? Will I ever be able to travel around? Will Jeff turn all gray headed early? What will Beau's interests be? Will he be a good child or will I be constantly in prayer over him? All of these questions. Now that I'm married and have had a child, what do I look forward to next? I'm the type of person that has to have something to look forward to. I know when I'm at work I look forward to coming home. But what I need now is a future goal or what to look forward to in the future. Just something to think about.

May God Richly Bless your Day!!

3 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

The future is in God's hands although at times I wish I could see what was going to happen. It would surely influence decisions I make today. But you know, I think that is what faith is all about.

HE wants us to step out into the unknown and be fully assured that HE'S guiding our steps.

It sounds like you've reached a lot of the milestones in your life that you once dreamed about reaching. I don't know about you, but my thoughts always turn to my relationship with the Lord. Keeping in intimate fellowship with my savior. Many times the things of life can distract us from the really important things. For me that is God, family, church, friends, etc. I read recently a quote that said: "No time with children is ever wasted." So, on the daily grind/routine days when things seem monotonous I think about how quickly Luke will be grown and really cherish the times we have together.

I am so thankful for all that God has blessed me with. A great husband and family. I do not take any of it for granted. I want my focus to be on the things that matter and let the other little petty things fall to the side.

In the end, I will never regret time spent serving God and others. There are so many people out there who are hurting. My prayer is that God will use me to minister to them in whatever way he sees fit. I want to be a tool in the Master's hand. I know that we all can make a difference in someone's life as long as we're available,open, flexible and actively searching for opportunities to serve. Just my two cents worth for the day.

I pray that God's future becomes clearer to you.

Jenny said...

Amber-

I have been thinking the exact same thing recently. Seems like I have been in a funk because all the things I had looked forward to for so long: wife, kids, house, jobs.....are all here now. What is there to look forward to? I'm excited that our pastor started a "Heaven" series on Wendesday nights. Ah, something to look forward to!

But, there are many earthly things to look forward to: kids growing up, baseball games, wondering how Zachary will fare in this world with his heating loss, how Zach and Ethan's relationship will grow, vacations with the wife, and Scrabble championships (kidding).

I know there are many exciting things for all of us that we do not know about. I'm anxious to see how it plays out for our families and us as indivudals.

bdp

Amber said...

Thanks for such awesome comments. I know I need to start finding what I'm suppose to be doing here on earth for the Lord.