The Rice Family

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

First Day Back

Yesterday was my first day back at work and in the "real world". I loved it!! I had a wonderful day. All my patients were so nice to me, even though I had to warn them that this was my first day back and they must be nice. Dropping Beau off went very well. Jeff picked him up a little early. He just couldn't stand leaving him there all day. His schedule is very flexible like that. I have a new respect for stay at home mommies. I have to admit that I always thought staying at home would be so easy, but now that I have been back to work- working is a piece of cake. I was less stressed yesterday than I have been all 4 mos . I have been home. Staying at home is a very difficult job. I loved working. I got some adult interaction ( and if you know me- I love being around people). I also feel like I am using my talents that God has given me when I'm out on the job. When I was staying at home I wasn't content. I wanted more and now I know that working outside the home works perfect for me. The other perfect thing about it, is that I have the best of both worlds. I am home two of the five days during the week.

My heart goes out more and more for the Katrina victims. At first I didn't understand why the New Orleans people were not escaping sooner, but what I have begun to realize is that most of New Orleans is at proverty level and they had no way of getting out. Can you even imagine feeling so trapped without transportation to get out of what was about to kill people? It is so sad to me. Especially all of the babies effected. Being that I'm a first time mommy- the babies really lie deep in my heart. What if my son, Beau, had no way to get his special formula. He could possibly suffer due to such a severe milk allergy. He wouldn't be able to take any formula. What about the babies and (adults) that have to have medications to live. But to enlighten this depressing thoughts- the entire community, Texas and more have really pulled together and are doing everything they know to do. This accident was no one's fault. I think we all need to look forward to what the future holds and stay positive that the victims now can "start over", as tough as it is, and have a better life. I heard that comment made on the christian radio station that I listen to. It puts an entire different perspective on everything. Have a Bright Cheery Day!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wonderful post Amber - thanks for sharing your thoughts and glad yesterday went well.

brett

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Glad to know you're getting back in the swing and everything is falling in to place for you. Also, glad to see your compassion for those in need. Good post!

Brooke said...

See Amber, I knew that everything would work out! Sometimes God speaks to us loud and clear, other times we have to wait and listen a little harder! Glad to hear you are enjoying work! Wanna do my job too... ha ha.