The Rice Family

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Will It End?

Just trying to get through this horrible time with Beau. When I think everything is getting better and he might be growing out of this horrible thing called ACID REFLUX (I absolutely hate the sickness or whatever you call it), it gets worse. I don't know what more to do. Yesterday, my day home with him, to be quite honest, was awful!! He was unhappy all day long. I try and do everything possible to comfort him but he just wants to be left alone and cry. He is hurting so bad. The next step in treatment, according to his GI specialist, is to put him on a medication called Reglan. This medication could cause trimmers. This is the last resort and I refuse to put him on that medication. So I'm frustrated, sad, and upset about it all. I love my baby boy so much and I'm tired of seeing him unhappy and hurting.

I'm struggling with many things but the one thing I struggle with is being jealous of others whom have a perfectly happy baby. I just want a happy baby. I'm extremely thankful for what God has given me, but this is so hard to deal with. Tonight he would not eat. He has never refused food before and he was refluxing all evening long. I'm scared and frightened. I want this nightmare to go away fast.

Staying strong is very hard, but I WILL get through this. There is a baby at his daycare that is turning one year old that has acid reflux so bad that she hasn't hardly eaten since she was newborn. Sonja can not get her to eat at all and it has slowed her growth. She is about to be one years old and not developing. She looks so sad when I see her. The doctor is just now putting her on previcid, which what Beau has been taking from day one. I pray for her!

1 comment:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Hang in there girlie. Remember too, that how people's lives appear on the outside with "happy babies" may not truly reflect how things really are on the inside.

I'm praying for the clouds to roll back and for the sun to shine brightly in your window again. You are not alone. Every parent goes through trying times with their infants whether it be reflux, colic, teething, gas, etc.... Once one ailment ends another thing begins. I guess it's just the cycle of life. All you can do is be the best parent you know how with the resources God has given you.

I know that you are doing that and that's all anyone can ask for. If you need a break and want me to watch Beau Bo for a few hours while you get a little "sanity" time for yourself, just call me. I'm happy to oblige. We're familiar with prolonged crying from Luke's colic days. We love ya.