Sunday Morning Pastor Bruce talked about being passionate for Jesus. I know that was two days ago and I'm just now sharing, but its had me thinking the past couple of days about- AM I AS PASSIONATE AS I SHOULD BE? I just wanted to share a tiny bit on the three steps that Bruce told us to will help us to live holy: "What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. 2 Corinthians 6:16
1) Set (Set your mind on Spirit desires- most sin starts in the mind)
...but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. Romans 8:5
2) Kill (Kill sinful desires- read the word, meditate on the word and act)...;but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, Romans 8:13
3) Flee (flee from sin)
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you now know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
Bruce also talked about that we as Christians do not take sin seriously enough, Sin is BAD and we need to be more serious about sin. Jesus hates sin!! I just thought I would share what has been in my heart these past two days. I have tried to really be aware of sinful thoughts and things in my life and would encourage you to do the same. We are to live holy lives. Hope you have a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment