The Rice Family

Friday, October 07, 2005

Love Your Family

I'm so richly blessed and thankful to have such a wonderful, loving family. My family has ALWAYS been there for me through good times and bad. That really means a whole lot to me. I started reading a little devotional that my father-in-law bought for me called "Life's Purpose for...On-the-Go Mothers". When I reached one of the devotionals talking about love I became very humbled. If you were to ask me if I love my family (Jeff and Beau), I would say absolutely. I love them with all of my heart. But am I SHOWING my love? That is where I began to really get humbled. Am I showing Jeff everyday that I love him and thankful for all that he does for me and Beau. Do I show love when Beau is crying- does he know that his mommy loves him so deeply? No- I know that I'm not showing love like I should, especially now that I have a little one watching everything that I do. I did not realize what a big job it is to be a mother. It is very difficult to be what you want to be in a mother, but I know it is rewarding. Beau will learn love through me so I need to show it a lot more.

"Now these three remain; faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

1 comment:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

I'm so glad that God is helping you see how important it is to show love...as actions speak louder than words. I think you're on the right track. It's not easy being a parent some times, but the rewards are SO worth it. Hang in there even through the trying times because it does get better.