The Rice Family

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Need Prayers

Please, Please pray for Mr. Beau. He has not been acting himself for the past week. He has not been sleeping through the night. He normally is the best sleeper ever, but this week he is up most of the night crying and uncomfortable. I just thought that he was teething and his gums were hurting him. He has not ran a fever nor acted sick during the day. He was/is sleeping a lot during the day, but I just thought he was going through a little growth spurt. Anyways- long story short, after a horrible night last night I decided to take him in to see his peditrician.

Diagnosis: TWO SEVERE EAR INFECTIONS!! I was just bragging on the fact that he is already 7 months old (yesterday-Happy Birthday Beau) and has not had an ear infection. That thought can now go out the door. Well- one ear is so bad that it has almost perforated through. In the office today he had a real high dose antibiotic injection. He is on antibiotics, a decongestant, ear drops for discomfort, motrin for fever and pain. On top of all of this- I showed the doctor a little rash on his arm and he has ezema (dry skin) and has to use a prescription ointment. PLUS- because of his irregular bowel movements (TMI), he is on a prescription stool softner. So my little boy is going to be one medicated little sucker. I know this will be over in the next couple of days but I just hate to know that his ears hurt so bad.

Please keep Beau in your prayers for a speedy recovery.

1 comment:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Poor little Beau Bo. His little ears must really be hurting. Your cuz missed you tonight at dinner. He kept saying, "Beau, Beau" as he usually does. We know BB took great care of her little sweetie though. Get well soon. You gotta open presents in a couple days.