
Today is the first day that I have had off and absolutely nothing scheduled or (should I say) NO doctor appointments! I probably should be taking Beau in since he is still slightly sick. This congestion/cough is still present and it has been over a week!! He is just miserable! On top of his chest rattling, he is teething. Poor baby he just doesn't have a break!! This morning he has been more pleasant to be around so maybe he is feeling better!! Last night was his first HUGE tantrum!! I was trying to cut his hair in the bathtub and he did not want his hair touched!! I can not even put into words the tantrum he threw! It was so bad that I had neighbors calling to make sure everything was okay. I was just in shock that a little 11 month old could through such a fit. It stiffened on me and would not let me continue his bath. I really think Jeff and I have are hands full. He knows exactly what he does and does not want. Little stinker.
I do have to say this morning he did something really cute. He loves to sit and watch me do my hair and makeup in our bathroom. There is this drawer that I let him play in and it has all my old makeup compacts in it. I save them because once I have so many I can get a free lipstick!! He loves to play with them. The past couple of times I have watched him take the compact and rub it on his head. It didn't really dawn on me what he was doing until this morning. I think he is trying to brush his hair. It was so cute. He just kept on running it across his hair as if he was brushing it. I guess he's doing what he watches me do everyday. This is our little secret, Jeff would die if he knew that he was playing with old makeup compacts. He thinks he should be playing with his football.
I'm really going to enjoy my day at home. I have decided that I'm not going anywhere and just getting little things done around the house. This is definitely a first. I had a girlfriend call me this morning and wanted to meet for lunch and I actually said NO!! Can you believe it?? That was a first. She completely understood, though. Chat at you soon.
3 comments:
tantrums... just wait til he's two! :)
I concur with Jenny--just wait!!! You saw how Luke was acting at dinner tonight. That is so cute how he rubs the compact on his head. Luke does that with the brush, but the wrong side of the brush. See how much they pick up just by watching you. It's crazy huh! Don't forget the a/c otic drops for his gums. They really work better than oragel (per my pediatrician).
Zach is almost four and he still screams bloody murder getting a haircut. It takes me to hold him down and Jenny to do the clipping. What a hassel!
brett
Post a Comment