Okay- Amber must have her sleep and needless to say she did not get her sleep last night. I'm normally in bed by 9:00pm. YES 9 O'Clock! So I went to bed around 10pm last night (no big deal). Around midnight- I wake up from a deep sleep to beep, beep, beep, beep, etc. It was so loud. I thought it was the a low battery in our smoke detectors because you know those things will only alarm you when you are dead asleep in the middle of the night. Well long story short- it was NOT the smoke detectors it was our alarm system. It kept beeping and then our phone would go dead. It went on and on. Jeff was calling our monitoring company at 1am this morning and the tech people had left at 11pm so we get this customer service lady that doesn't know anything. So Jeff messed with the alarm keypad and got it to quit beeping. Okay- off to bed again. About an hour later- BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP- AGAIN!! By this point I'm wide awake and furious. Then Beau starts kind of waking! I'm like- oh no this is not happening. I have got to have my sleep. That is all I could think about.
So Jeff completely unplugs the entire alarm system so we could sleep. Go Jeff! By this point I could care less if someone wanted to break in. I WAS TIRED! Yes- we had no alarm on last night- but we are up and running this morning. The story still goes on- Okay then about 4:00am the phone starts ringing. I'm like- what is going on??? The caller ID said private call and unknown name. So I answer and hang up. I didn't even say hello. Then- I've started this strict workout schedule with a neighbor friend of mine and we had decided we were meeting at 6:30am for our 6 mile run/walk. So just as I'm getting back to sleep the alarm goes off at 6am. I was so over not sleeping- I just popped right out of bed with no problems. I didn't get an ounce of sleep. I think I got more sleep when Beau was a newborn than what I got last night. Even though- I'm feeling pretty good right now- I'm sure I will crash around lunch time and need a good 2-3 hour nap. Well I'm headed to run some errands. Later Tatars!!!
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A year from now, this will be a funny story. Right now, it sounds like a diabolical attack by the technology gods.
Post a Comment