The Rice Family

Sunday, November 26, 2006

What a Thanksgiving!!

Our family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We went down to our place near Canton, Texas. It is so relaxing and enjoyable. I did nothing. I love to hear all of the noises that the country brings. I am overwhelmed with all of the trees and animal sounds. I tend to forget that when I have lived in the city all of my life. One of the evenings we were there we heard the coyote's yelling. It was so strange hearing them yelling at each other. They sound like a pack of dogs fighting.

Several family members made the trip and we had some family time together. My grandmother makes the BEST Chocolate pie in the world!!! I made myself sick over it. She also makes the best cornbread dressing. YES- cornbread dressing is what I grew up on. I didn't realize that some of my other family was brought up on bread dressing. What is that??? Whomever you are that grew up with bread dressing- you haven't had a good dressing unless you have tasted Meemaw's cornbread dressing. Yummy Yummy Yummy in my tummy!!! Okay- yes I will admit all I did was eat so I'm having to recover!! I have been a bad girl all week. We were there for four days and I loved every minute of it. My Meemaw and my mother were in the kitchen for most of the day on Wednesday cooking and got up bright and early on Thursday cooking again. It was delicious. My mother-in-law made her famous corn! It's not just your regular corn- it has all sorts of good greasy stuff in it that makes it wonderful!! We ate Turkey, cranberry sauce, a veggie casserole, black-eyed pea fritters, and a ton more!!! I am stuffed!!

Okay- Beau and Luke had a blast playing together on their little John Deere tractors and four wheelers. Beau enjoyed riding the BIG four-wheeler with his Daddy. So that was our week. Now back to work tomorrow. This month is crazy busy! I don't know why I do that to myself every Christmas! I'm so overwhelmed with things but I will get through it. Oh by the way-I had my FIRST wreck on Tuesday before we left town. It was completely my fault. I rear-ended a Jaguar! My car was not injured at all. The jag was a mess!! I guess that is what you get when you have a hummer. I think everyone should drive a big vechile like that. There would be less damage! We could just go around hitting everyone, right???? Thankfully- no one was hurt! Blog at ya laters!!!

*Pictures are taking entirely too long to download tonight so I will try and post them tomorrw. I thought I better update before I get booted from ever being able to blog again!!!

4 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

I totally meant to go back and get one of those black eyed pea fritters and I forgot. Well, maybe next year.

Brooke said...

Sounds like you had a yummy turkey day! Glad you all had a restful time! There is something to be said about living in the country!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wanna ride the 4-wheeler again!

Brooke said...

update with the turkey day pics!