The Rice Family

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mr. DRAMA KING!

Okay- I have to report the FIRST real knock down drag out that happened this afternoon at the grocery store. I really couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was like "is that really MY child acting like that". He got so upset about something (still don't know what it was)- that he literally threw himself on the grocery store floor in front of the frozen foods SCREAMING and HOLLERING! I simply just walked away! I snuck around the corner where he couldn't see me, but I could see him and he was justa goin' at it......I couldn't believe that my precious baby was acting that way.......I know- this is the first of many to come. THEN- he never gets over it, so I have to go and pick him up and he is kicking and screaming and hitting me in the face. By this point- I was furious. I didn't care who was watching at this point- I spatted his little leg and he went completely stiff on me and I couldn't get him back in the cart. I have never had such an awlful grocery store visit in my life. I don't even think I have ever seen a child act like that. I sware I have a devil child- I'm definitely NOT cursing my child with the terrible two's! He will not go through that- I refuse!!

THEN- dinner tonight was even more dramatic. He decides that he doesn't want the taco meat/cheese/tomatoes that I put on his plate along with tortillas so he one by one drops it onto the floor. I had stepped over to the sink to clean up the kitchen and didn't realize what he was doing so when I looked back over at him- the entire bowl of taco meat was thrown on the floor over into the living room carpet and tortillas everywhere! I squeezed his little cheeks and told him "NO SIR- WE DO NOT THROW OUR FOOD". He starts crying so I pick him and put him on top of the kitchen cabinet to get him away from the mess and he quits crying REAL quick and says "Mama- TREAT? I'm like- you ain't getting nothing tonight.........He has been a little toot today and I want to just scream......Just thought I would vent....

Hope you are having a great week.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It doesn's stop at 4.5 Amber. Zachary had one of those at Target a few weeks ago. He wanted a fishing pole and telephone to go with his soccer ball, and when I told him no, he hung onto my shrts screaming. My shorts fell to my ankles and he wouldn't let go. After about 20 seconds of patrons and store employees gathering around, I had to kick him off me just to get my shorts back on. I was furious for hours. I have not gone back to Target since.

bdp