The Rice Family

Friday, June 08, 2007

Day #10- Lifestyle Change


I'm still amazed at myself on how motivated I have been with this new lifestyle change. My expectations were set pretty high, and I'm not doing exactly everything that I should be as far as getting into shape. BUT I'm doing way better than I thought!!! Didn't get the workout in last night, BUT I'm headed to the gym again this morning for the third time this week. Jeff and I are going to the gym together tomorrow so he can show me some different workout techniques so I don't get board doing the same things over and over. He can't believe how good I have been. I feel awesome already, though. Out of 10 days- I have worked out about 6 days. I am happy with that. I'm averaging about every other day but would like to see myself doing something every single day. Maybe taking Sunday's off. I am extremely sore!!


Okay- BUT having a little physical problem ever since I have starting the workout thing! My feet are burning, tingling and going to sleep on me when I'm doing my cardio! It is the bottom of my feet at the bend that just kills me when I'm on the liptical machine! I can't figure it out. Anyways- if you have any advice I would appreciate it. I have 6 month old Nike tennis shoes and I really don't think it is my shoes!! I looked the condition up on WebMD but got nothing! All they talk about is feet problems related to diabetes!! Since I'm not a diabetic- I'm not sure what is going on. The burning seems to be the main problem and then the numbness starts happening after I have been on the machine for about 25-30 minutes. I would love to stay on that thing for at least 45 mins.......


Okay enough about Amber-


Beau and Jeff are doing great!! I just love my little family and I'm praying to change Jeff's mind about a second child. He absolutely does not want another right now- BUT Beau just can't be an only child. He loves babies too much and loves to be around others. I don't want him to think that the world revolves around him BECAUSE right now- it pretty much does. We do everything for him......I think that is just what happens when there is only one child. He is pretty rotten already.

6 comments:

Trina said...

Hey, girl! It is great to hear all is going well with your workout routine! Keep it up!! I asked Brian who used to a physical trainer, what to do about your feet. That used to happen to him too when he was running a lot. His advice is to focus on pushing off on your heels instead of your toes. He said this can happen sometimes. Hope this helps.
Trina

Amber said...

Thanks a bunch- Trina....

Jim and Jami said...

Keep up the good work Amber. Every other day in the gym is great! Don't burn yourself out, pace it. Jim and I started trying to play tennis. Okay, he is playing and running after the ball, and I am swinging and watching the ball go by. Oh well, I will keep on trying. Also, there is nothing wrong with an only child, but there were times, on rainy days, that I wished that I had a brother or sister. Good Luck, Tootles-J-

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

FYI...talk to Soprina about having child #2 it might make you rethink things...As far as the feet thing goes, maybe they're not getting oxygen...Do you have poor leg circulation? That's all I could think of.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

P.S. It's an Elliptical machine...

Amber said...

Sorry- Mrs. Correct Speller!! I just use it!! J/K