The Rice Family

Saturday, August 23, 2008

New Addition to the Family!






Yes- A FISH!! Beau has wanted a fish for a while now BUT I haven't thought much about getting him one. Well- I have been working more this summer and I have just felt horrible about not doing anything with him. So Friday- it was all about Beau! We met a friend at Chic-Fil-La for lunch. As we were leaving I saw a Petsmart across the parking lot and decided to drive over there and surprise Beau. As I'm driving- I was asking him if he wanted to go and pick out a real pretty fish. He was soooooo exciting. I could barely get him out of his carseat fast enough. Then- while we were there picking out his fish- he wanted to take home a bird, dog, hamster, rat, etc.....I had to do some SWEET talkin' to get him out of this place. Then as we were walking out of the store this was our conversation (so sweet):
Me: "You need to decide on a name for your fish."
Beau: "Ummmmmmm- I don't know his name."
Me: "You need to come up with a name for him." "He needs a name like we have named our dogs."
Beau: "I just can't think of it."
Me: "Just keep thinking REAL hard." "Just take your time."
Beau: (very casual says) "We need to name him Ummmmmm TIP TOE!"
So needless to say- his first pet (that he picked out) is named "Tip Toe"! I thought it was adorable. Not sure where his little mind went to grab that name, BUT it is definitely original and he laughs everytime he says it. He spent the night with my mom tonight and called me just to make sure that I had fed "Tip Toe"! I was explaining to him in the car (after getting the fish) that he has to take care of his new pet and if he does a good job, then we can get more in the future. He is so eager to watch him swim and to feed him in the mornings.......

4 comments:

Jim and Jami said...

Lovin` Tip Toe.....Beau is soooo CUTE.....New Jake pics at the Circus.....

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Can't wait to meet Tip Toe...guess he's breaking the Duke's of Hazard naming ritual....

Jim and Jami said...

Hay Cuz, go check out the Circus to see what a great deal we found in Georgia......

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

It was nice meeting tip toe....although he's a slippery guy, he's pretty cool.