The Rice Family

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First Day of School & New Haircut!











Well- this morning started off rocky! Beau wasn't sure he wanted to go to Mrs. Alichia and Mrs. Courtney's class. He just didn't know. He whined around the house while I was telling him how much fun it is going to be. He ended up getting the SAME teachers that he had last year in his 2-year-old class so this shouldn't be much of an adjustment for him, I thought. I really tried to talk it up. First thing- he didn't want to wear his new shoes. He wanted to wear his crocs from this summer. Well- he can't wear his crocs to school if he wants to play on the playground. Yes- I gave in and told him if he would let me take pictures of him, I would let him wear his crocs to school today. I know- I just couldn't stand him so upset on his first day of school so I was trying to get him happy! He was trying to be goofy when I was taking his pictures this morning and he refused to standup for me so that is the reason for the floor poses. We got through the pictures then we head to the car and he wants me to turn on the "video" (DVD) of Barney. I told him that we were just driving down the street and he wouldn't get to see much of it so let's not turn it on. Well-(you guessed it)- MELTDOWN! So YES- I gave in again this morning just so he wouldn't be distraught. Then we get to school and he is begging for me to hold him while walking into the building and into his classroom. I try to tell him that he is a BIG BOY now and that he needs to walk into his school. We enter the doorway and he just stops walking. He's not crying or anything but just doesn't want to go any further. He recognizes it from last year. Everyone is coming up to him and saying hi to him and calling his name. He just turns his head and acts shy. Then we finally get to the room and he REFUSES to go inside. I have to literally take his hand and drag him to his place with his name tag. I sit him down in his chair and he is so mad. He NEVER cried but he is so mad at me. The pictures will reflect this. This is how our morning went for the First Day of School. Little toot!!! It feels kindof good that he STILL wants his mommy.......He better ALWAYS want his mommy........

1 comment:

Jim and Jami said...

He is soooo cute.....it was great seeing you today!