The Rice Family

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Back From Thanksgiving Getaway!

Well we are back from Martin's Mill. It was a lot of fun. I basically did..........NOTHING! That is the way to go. Have you ever done nothing? Well I did this weekend. Before I get into the good part of the weekend I have to say that my parent's dog died on Thanksgiving morning. Her name was Sister and she was only about 11 years old. My mother found her dead in her pet taxi Thanksgiving morning when mom tried to let her out for the day. When we arrived mom broke the sad news. Mom did very well with handling everything. The guys made a very secure box made out of wood to put her in and buried her behind the house. They made a little cross to put on the grave. She was definitely missed this weekend.

On a lighter note- My grandmother and mother made "THE BEST" pies. Everyone pulled together and the actual feast was delicious. I ate leftovers over and over again. Finally last night I was tired of reheated dressing and turkey so Meemaw cooked up some beans and cornbread with fried potatoes and onions. So obviously- all we did while we were there was eat eat eat!! Well we did seem to make it to the local Walmart for some early Christmas shopping. My aunt Cheryl, Cousins Brandee, Shawn, and Cassidee came late Thursday night and went shopping with us on Friday. I had fun. It wasn't extremely crowded so we enjoyed the shopping on the busiest shopping day of the year.

Beau had a good weekend. He is getting so grownup. He did really well for not being in his own environment, such as his own bed. He slept in the pack-n-play. He did really well sleeping in that. We took the wave machine so it seemed like he was at home.

What else.................oh yeah- this morning ALL of us drove into Edom (a little bity town about 15 miles from our place) to eat breakfast. The place where we ate was called "The Shed". Isn't that a clever name. It was really good. We then went into a little shop across the street and looked around. I always love going into little town's shops. It was a little pricey- but fun to look around. Well not much more going on. I will be posting pics real soon. So stay tuned.

Oh- may I add- I am very very thankful for my family. I just love being with them all together this weekend. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have the love and support from them. They were such a blessing to be around this weekend.

No comments: