The Rice Family

Friday, April 21, 2006

HUGE UPDATE DAY!







OKAY! I guess I better make this blog BIG or I'm going to get a lot of people uninterested in visiting our blog, right?? Anyways- we have been pretty busy with Easter things and then routine stuff this week. I haven't really been home until yesterday and this morning! So here is what we have been up to.

1) Easter Egg hunt in our neighborhood (I helped organize)

2) We left for our place down at Martin's Mill (Canton area) on Friday morning early: mom, Beau, and I shoppped at the Terrell Outlet Mall most of the day on Friday and then drove on into our place. We had a blast. Beau got to ride on the cars and helicopter that cost me $.75 per ride. I could not believe how much it is now for those rides!! So he's going to already be an expensive kid- one ride wasn't enough for him- he needed two rides and still through a fit when
it was time to go.

So we stayed the rest of the weekend at our little place. Jeff came down on Saturday and mowed most of the day and cleaned up the property with his dad. All of the girls hung out and mom cooked a wonderful late lunch (sloppy joes, banana pudding, dad brought some barbeque and chicken). We all, of course, stuffed ourselves to the max. My brother was in town for the weekend and so it was so nice to hang out with him. He normally sits around playing his guitar and singing. He is not much into hard labor work like mowing and trimming trees!!

3) We drove back in on Sunday morning and had Easter Sunday at mom's church. We ate lunch at a steak house near the church and drove back to Canton. We cleaned the place up and packed the car and headed home. It was definitely a filled weekend!

4) Not many exciting things went on this week. Beau had an allergist appointment on Wednesday and we received great news- he is not allergic to any foods! He can start on whole milk! I was real concerned with switching him since we had so many problems with him when he was born with his milk- but the tests showed that he is not allergic to milk!! YEAH! He's not walking yet- but I know that it will be any time!! I'll keep you posted on his progress!!

THAT'S ALL FOLKS. NOT TOO EXCITED!

1 comment:

Poppa Gary Rice said...

I can't believe it's been a few weeks since I read your blog. I see you are almost as bad about getting around to writing them. I'm all caught up now. I even created an account so that I can send comments (not blog yet, just comments).

Beau is the cutest little toot. You can tell he's kin to Luke because he jabbers all the time. You know it's very important stuff if I could only tell what he's saying. It's doesn't matter. Nana and I love him more than tttttthhhhhhhiiiiiiiissssss !!!

Poppa Gary